Friday, May 24, 2013

Those morning moments

One of the best parts of having little ones is their incredible enthusiasm for the morning hours. Their tousled hair, the full diapers, the snuggle-blankies being pulled behind them down the stairs for breakfast. The mad dash for the toys they left abandoned in the playroom.



And each morning when I go to get my boys from bed, I feel like they've grown leaps and bounds. Rhett tells me about his "big dreams" and likes to tuck me into his bed and have me pretend to go to sleep. Rad just smiles like he thinks I'm the greatest thing ever. And I want to hold these moments forever. I want to remember why it was worth it to wake up when the sun rises. I want to know the first thing my boys think when they wake up. When their little worlds are perfect and full of possibilities.

So I've been filming and recording those moments. Every morning I take my phone in and record the first few minutes of their morning. What Rhett tells me. The way Rad looks. I've been doing this for a few weeks and I thought that I would sporadically share some of what I've recorded.

Here is one from Tuesday. I love this one because it's the first night after Rhett slept in his "big boy bed", not his crib, and he has to tell Rad all about it.




Early mornings are much better with little ones. :)

Have a fabulous weekend! Pin It

2 comments:

  1. This is just so sweet. I love the idea of it all- you miss those days as they get older!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign-Up on EverydayFamily TODAY and you will get stage based pregnancy and baby newsletters, offers and coupon alerts as well as free baby samples, baby coupons, baby magazines & much more.

    New Members are Enrolled to Win Free Diapers for a Year!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate all of your thoughts and comments! They bring a smile to my face!